5 reasons why you should book a staycation at Cave Hotel in Canterbury
Home to beautiful, historic towns and villages, wild coastline, and picturesque countryside, Kent is a wonderful place to discover. We have lived here for over three years and we’re still in awe of its beauty.
2021 will likely be another challenging year for traveling, so we will undoubtedly turn to the UK when planning our next staycation.
Whether you’re a keen golfer, a foodie, a family in search of a weekend getaway to unwind by the seaside, or a couple looking for a romantic rural escape, Kent has so many options to choose from.
We really can’t wait for the restrictions to be lifted, and book another family staycation at Cave Hotel, in Canterbury (disclaimer: PR invite, all views, and words are my own).
As we all know, last-minute cancellations due to local or national restrictions are reducing some people’s desire to book holidays far in advance.
But most hotels, like Cave Canterbury, are now offering free of charge cancellations and fully flexible reservations, so you can book with confidence.
We first visited Cave in March, last year and we completely fell in love with it(disclaimer: PR invite, all views, and words are my own). Conveniently located within a short drive from Canterbury, Cave is set to be Kent’s most desirable destination hotel and restaurant.
Here are 5 reasons why you should book a staycation at Cave Hotel, in Canterbury as soon as it’s safe to:
1. Cave is a design-led, luxury hotel, with bespoke furniture and fittings, and extraordinary staff, minus the hefty price rates (rooms start at only £125 per night).
All 41 rooms have a king-size bed in each fitted with a mattress made by the same company which provides the Queen’s, a rainfall shower and private balcony or terrace. There’s also adjustable mood lighting with a ‘romance’ setting and a snazzy 65-inch TV screen.
We stayed in one of their stunning ‘Signature’ suites, overlooking the golf course. The room was huge, but it somehow felt homely and cozy. Noah was ecstatic about the fireplace feature and the double 65-inch TV screen. I was pleasantly surprised to find a proper cot bed in our suite – we stayed in so many luxury hotels, but only a few provided proper cot beds for little ones.
We also thoroughly enjoyed our time at the pool – there were no restrictions for young children (we stayed in a few hotels that sadly don’t allow children under 3’s in the pool) and no specific time allocated for them either. So far, it was our best experience at the pool with Noah!
2. The food! We booked a table at the Firepit for dinner and didn’t know what to expect. If I were to describe the food at the Firepit, that would be exciting! A burst of flavours of world cuisine meet and fuse together in the fresh, re-imagined menu bringing a brand new concept to Kent.
The smoky, barbecue aromas of the American West combine with the delicate spiced taste of the Far East to create delightfully delicious dishes that excite even the fussiest of eaters.
3. The indulgent and relaxing Cave pool area. A soothing and inviting sanctuary, overlooking the panoramic golf course views, complete with a 12 person jacuzzi and sauna. What’s not to love?
We didn’t take any photos at the pool area, for privacy reasons but expect a laid-back, deluxe space aiming to transport its guests a million miles away from the outside world. Make sure to check their Pinterest-worthy gym equipped with a sprint bok treadmill, an exercise bike, a state of the art water rower, and a NOHrD gym wall.
4. The incredible golf at Boughton, of course. Set amidst 167 acres of rolling countryside with the breathtaking backdrop of the magnificent Kentish North Downs, Cave Hotel & Golf Resort is one of the best pay & play golf courses in Kent.
Whether you want to play on one of Cave’s 2 courses, learn or improve your game or book a golf day, there are several options available, including full or flexible golf membership packages.
5. Last, but not least, the location. Cave Hotel is conveniently located on the outskirts of the historic Canterbury, within a short drive from Tankerton Beach in Whitstable (the closest beach) and a one-hour train journey from London.
And while the hotel remains closed for a little longer due to local restrictions, their famous Korean Cowgirl Drive-Thru is still open for takeaway. Place your order here or book a room here – Cave Hotel offers free of charge cancellations and fully flexible bookings, so you can book your next staycation with confidence!