But there are actually are a few tips that expectant mothers really do need to hear – and chances are they were left out in the ‘becoming a mummy’ manual.
- Pregnancy is hard – and it’s ok not to love it.
Don’t get me wrong, being pregnant is the most beautiful experience imaginable – you’re creating a mini version of you and your partner. Isn’t that incredible? But it’s ok not to love everything that comes along with growing your baby for nine months – constant bathroom breaks, terrible leg cramps, sore breasts etc.
- You forget things, lose things – pregnancy really does cause ‘baby brain’. Brain cell volume can decrease during pregnancy, causing women to suddenly feel forgetful.
- Hold your belly when you sneeze or cough in your second and third trimester or you will pee your pants.
- You’ll be an emotional wreck throughout those nine months. If there’s one thing you can expect during pregnancy, it’s an emotional roller coaster ride – blame those hormones!
- Gas, gas and more gas! The hormones progesterone and relaxin relax the muscles in the gastrointestinal tract during pregnancy. Short version: you’ll pass more gas than usual. (Sorry!)
- Pillows, pillows everywhere. What’s a first-time expecting mother to do? Invest in a body pillow specially designed for pregnancy, that’s what.
- Your breasts will get their moment in the spotlight – but fame and glory come at a price: SORENESS. What no one tells you is that when you’re pregnant your nipples will become very sore when it’s cold, so suddenly those big, cold aisles in your local supermarket will become your least favourite place.
- Regular pelvic floor exercises will go from being something you vaguely read about in a magazine to what you do at the bus stop. For a fun and effective way to strengthen your pelvic floor, use the Elvie Trainer – specially designed to strengthen and tone your pelvic floor for a better bladder control and postnatal recovery.
Did I miss something? I would love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Shop the post Mint Velvet Camel Cropped Pea Coat |Marks & Spencer Co-Ord Skirt In Ribbed Knit (old, similar here) | Marks & Spencer Co-Ord Jumper With Volume Sleeve (old, similar here) | Zara Printed Loafers |Astley Clarke Tigers Eye Floris Pendant Necklace |CHIMI 006 Black Cat-Eye Sunglasses (cheaper version here) | Zara Minaudiere Bag With Braided Handle |