Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and love is definitely in the air. It’s also made its way into my wardrobe (hence the red coat and the bodycon dress).
When it comes to Valentine’s Day we can usually expect something either totally cheesy or a bunch of flowers picked up from our local petrol station. So with that in mind, I thought I would put together a #ValentinesDay guide to make sure you’ll have a memorable date.
Secrets to making Valentine’s Day rock
- Preparation is key for a memorable date. A glam blow dry, fresh mani and glossy red lips are perfect for a romantic dinner with your beau or a night out with friends.
- Whether you’re heading down to a club with your friends or a romantic getaway with someone you love, having the right outfit for the occasion is always important. So without further ado, here is my favourite outfit to wear to celebrate this love-filled holiday.
I opted for a figure-hugging bodycon dress in black, with sheer fabric details and rose appliqué. If you ask me, the perfect place to add a pop of colour to your outfit is in your coat or shoes. This Halston Heritage coat is feminine and sophisticated, making it the ideal addition to your V Day ensemble.
Have I mentioned how much I love lace up heels? These won’t break the bank (under £30!), so you can grab them in a few different colours.
- No matter if you’re in a relationship or not, it’s the ideal time to step up your underwear game. Wearing sexy lingerie is an instant turn on on both you and your partner.
- Scented candles. My favourite ones are from Floris London – they’ll tickle every girl’s fancy.
- Impressive flower bouquets. Ok, so we know it can seem like a waste paying out for something that’ll die a few days in, but who doesn’t like looking at (and smelling) something this pretty? And if it makes for a happy lady, it’s a small price to pay.
- Chocolate and champagne – always a must.
So, these are my secrets to making a memorable Valentine’s Day.
There’s more to follow – gift guides for both him and her, beauty looks for Valentine’s Day and a very exciting giveaway.