My lovely fashionista , we all know that when it comes to looking gorgeous , it’s not just down to the clothes we wear .
So , whether you like barely there make-up or want to learn how I glam up in an instant , this article is all about making more of your natural beauty .
- Our skin reflects and affects our mood and when it’s healthy we feel and look radiant Regardless of your skin type , you need a good everyday cleanser , eye-make-up remover , toner and day/night cream to keep skin looking glowing . I recommend L’Oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing milk and toner and Mario Badescu facial spray . Also , don’t feel you need to spend a fortune on expensive creams – basics such as E45 cream or Garnier are great for all skin types – I use L’Oreal Age Perfect (it’s recommended for aged skin , however since I’ve started using it I’ve noticed a massive change and I am now addicted) and L’Occitane precious cream at night .
- Whether you like to wear make-up every day or just need to touch-up every now and again – just like me , a good concealer and foundation is a must for giving your skin a balanced tone . It is quite tricky to find the right one for your skin . My best tip here , my lovely fashionista , is to consider more types/brands until you find the best one for you that can slowly build colour over uneven areas – I strongly recommend Chanel Vitalumiere foundation . For a natural looking skin I usually mix the foundation with Dior BB creme (which is a bit lighter than the foundation) and I cover the blemishes with Essence stick .
- Just a sweep of a pinky or apricot coloured blush powder or a shimmery bronzer will give a youthful glow . Apply to the apples of the cheeks and then blend outwards – my favourite one is Bourjois Rose D’or .
- How many eye shadows do you have in your make-up bag right now ? I reckon you have loads – I must confess I very rarely use an eye-shadow , but I can recommend to keep the colour intensity soft and light during the day and stronger at night .
- Sweep the mascara over the outer eyelashes for a subtle look – again I very rarely use a mascara (thankfully my eyelashes are long and thick) , so any type/brand will do . However I always try to stay away from mascara for full length and go for volume , instead .
- For the perfect eyebrows I use Benefit – the very best and so easy to apply !
- Like that fabulous pair of shoes , a great lipstick is the easiest way to update your look . I always carry two in my handbag – a soft one to use throughout the day , while a super-glam bright for night will let you know that the working day is well and truly over ! I recommend Rouge Dior 264 and Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine 8 during the day and Yves Saint Laurent Rouge pour Couture 5 and Chanel Allure 14 for the night .
My best and only advice , my lovely fashionista , is to use make-up only if it’s required and spend as much time caring for your skin as you can .You’re worth it !