I know a girl needs some inspiration every once in a while, so I put together a casual ensemble without loosing style points.
Instead of reaching for the same style staples every weekend (t-shirt, jeans and trainers), you should aim to create a relaxed yet pulled together ensemble. The possibilities for casual dressing are endless.
Here are some basic tips for achieving the perfect laid-back look:
- Steer clear of denim. Don’t be surprised ladies – casual shouldn’t necessarily mean jeans. Instead, opt for bottoms in cotton, culottes or ribbed knit dresses. I went for a roll neck dress (now on sale), worn with a pretty Mint Velvet faux fur vest layered over.
- Flat footwear is ideal. But, if you’re petite like me, a pair of medium-heeled boots are definitely okay.
- Avoid anything neon or shiny, unless it’s an understated accessory. This includes sequins tops or dresses, rhinestone pants or embellished knits.
- Modesty is key. Remember that less is more, ladies.
- All clothes should be clean, pressed and wrinkle-free. Yes, even on weekends!
What’s your go-to casual outfit?
Photo credit: Gents Observer