Last week we took part to a very insightful event hosted by Dell where we talked about all things blogging (branding, influencer professionalism, growth and taxes were just a few topics covered throughout the sessions). I’m thrilled to see that these type of events are not only helping the influencers to grow into young and strong entrepreneurs, but also changing the attitude of the world towards the blogging industry. If you missed the sessions on my Snapchat, you can see the posts across all social channels using #WeLoveYourWork. The event inspired me to write this piece and share with you a few tips about blogging on the go and how I manage to keep things up-to-date.
Working full-time and blogging professionally too is a bit of a struggle, as I’m sure many of you out there know. Inspiration doesn’t wait to strike until you’re settled in at your desk in front of your computer, so you never know where you’ll be when you have the next big idea. Luckily for us, technology has caught up with the huge boom in the numbers of bloggers by allowing us to access our blogs through the use of our tablets, laptops and mobile devices. Below you’ll find a short list of apps and devices to help create blog content on the go.
- WordPress mobile app makes it easy to post on the go. Okay, so you’re not going to put together a blog post entirely on mobile, but it does help draft an article, engage and build your brand online.
- As a professional blogger you’ll always find yourself leaving the comfort of your home/office for events, meetings or press trips, so you’ll need a laptop at your disposal if you wish to get work done on the road. Dell has a huge selection of laptops of different sizes, which is of course a very important technical specification when you’re a blogger constantly on the go. My personal favourites are their new XPS laptops with the highest-resolution displays, exceptional build quality and powerful features. As photo editing is something that I have to do on my laptop, Dell XPS13 is the perfect size for editing on the go and surprisingly very fast taking into consideration its light and ultra-thin design.
- Evernote is another great app to write down your ideas. You can add photos or short sound clips, but what’s great about it is that it syncs with all your devices, so all you have to do is copy and paste your content straight into your blog post. Oh and it’s free!
- Save time managing your social media channels with Hootsuite. This fantastic app allows you to schedule your posts on all your networks, monitor and engage in every conversation and measure your social media growth. Need I say more?
- It’s important to be super organized when travelling so an editorial calendar is a must. I recommend getting an editorial calendar plugin that once installed gives you an overview of your blog and when each post will be published. You can drag and drop to move posts, edit articles right in the calendar, and manage your entire editorial calendar.
Suede culottes Gestuz – Suede jacket Oasis – Shoes Charles & Keith – Jeans Boden – Sneakers Pinko – Knit Superdry – Handbag Furla – Watch Timex – Suitcase Rimowa
This article has been written in collaboration with Dell. All views are my own.