If the start of a new work week triggers overwhelming feelings of sadness or stress, you’re suffering of Monday morning blues. No worries, I’ve been there too (lacking motivation and feeling tired), but luckily I’ve got some tips to help turn your Monday into the most productive and exciting day of the week.
Some people believe that if you love your job and are passionate about what you’re doing, going in to work Monday morning is another opportunity to do what you love most. I don’t necessarily agree with this, although I can say that feeling unsatisfied with your job can have a negative impact on your performance and productivity. Sadly not all of us are lucky enough to choose a job they genuinely love, hence the sadness and the Monday morning blues.
Here’s a few ways to beat the Monday morning blues:
- Keep your Monday schedule light. Mondays are usually the busiest days at the office, so my advice is to keep your schedule as clear as possible (unless you have any deadlines). I usually leave the most complicated tasks for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Same thing applies for work meetings.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It’s no secret that a healthy breakfast amps up your energy levels, so make sure you start the day right. Personally I’m obsessed with the sourdough toasted bread with avocado, poached eggs and salmon served in Gianluca’s Coffee Cult. If you’re around Fulham Broadway, you need to stop and taste their scrumptious breakfasts. And don’t get me started on their coffee. (Gianluca’s Coffee Cult is a DripApp partener, read more about here)
- Be positive. Take time to recognize and appreciate the things that you enjoy about your job. This should put you in a more positive mood. If this doesn’t help, make a list of the things you’re excited about the following weekend – it may be a city break, a picnic with your friends or just a lazy weekend at home.
- Dress for success. I usually wear my favourite outfit on Monday – this can help build your confidence (and motivation for that matter) and might get you a few compliments from your colleagues, too.
- Listening to music on your way to work can boost your mood, so make sure you have your headphones with you every Monday.
Shop the post
[show_ms_widget id=”35409184″ image_id=”41255943″ width=”2000″ height=”526″]